APPLIED ANIMAL BIOLOGY
Where Can a Graduate Degree in Applied Animal Biology Take You?
Graduates of the Applied Animal Biology MSc and PhD have developed careers in areas like:
- academic positions at universities or colleges;
- research positions at universities and government institutions;
- consultant positions;
- veterinary medicine;
- the animal feed manufacturing industry; and
- wildlife rehabilitation.
- Frances Flower (2006) completed her PhD in Animal Welfare at UBC and was promptly scooped up by Whole Foods to manage the day-to-day operations of the company’s animal welfare program at its Texas headquarters.
- With her PhD in Applied Animal Biology (2012), Elisabeth Ormandy founded a policy institute in the UK with the aim of changing the way animals are used in science.