Meeting with an Academic Advisor (Bonita, Bre and Ella) is a good idea for when you have general questions about:
- planning your program or degree requirements
- how to make the most of your LFS academic and non-academic experience
- a personal challenge that is impacting your academics
We provide confidential advising and will do our best to answer your questions, or help connect you with appropriate resources.
In an effort to maintain the safety of our staff and students while providing flexible options for advising, we are offering two modes of academic advising: Drop-In Zoom Advising and Booked Advising (in-person or via Zoom – your choice!). We are not offering traditional “drop-in” advising in the LFS Student Services space in MacMillan at this time. However, please feel free to “drop-in” via Zoom or sign up for a booked advising appointment! Please check the information and schedule below to learn how to connect with our office.
Drop-in Zoom Advising
Attend drop-in to connect one-on-one with an Academic Advisor! Drop-in appointments are ideal for quick questions or requests (ie: course registration, graduation checks, clarifying degree requirements, Degree Navigator updates, etc.). Our drop-in hours are posted on the LFS Undergrad Events Calendar.
- During open hours, click the “TAKE ME TO DROP-IN” link below, or access the link by clicking into the “LFS Student Services Advising Schedule” block that you wish to join from the LFS Undergrad Events Calendar.
- You’ll be prompted to provide us with your current student status and student number to join the virtual waiting room.
- To help us meet with as many students as possible, we are limiting drop-in appointments to 15 minutes, so please bring your most urgent 2-3 questions! If you require a longer appointment, please Book an Appointment with an academic advisor.
- Depending on the number of students in the waiting room, it may be some time before an Advisor connects with you. Once we have reached capacity for the day, the waiting room will be locked and no new students will be admitted.
- If the room is locked when you join, please check back, as we’ll re-open the room if we can clear the queue.
Thanks for your patience, LFS!
We look forward to connecting!
Sometimes our drop-in hours don’t line up quite right with your schedule! Not to worry – we’d still love to meet with you. Book a 30-minute advising appointment (in-person or via Zoom – your choice!) with one of our Academic Advisors (Bre, Ella, or Bonita) by scheduling an appointment with us. Booked appointments are ideal when you have complex questions or requests that will require more time to discuss (ie: extensive degree planning, major/minor options, personal or academic challenges, etc.).
- All blocks of in-person appointment times will be posted on our LFS Undergrad Events Calendar in advance.
- You will be able to click the link below to book an advising appointment no more than 5 business days before the scheduled time, so please check back if you do not see any current availability.
Students visiting LFS Student Services will be expected to comply with BC’s mask mandate, which requires that all individuals wear masks when in indoor public spaces. Thank you in advance for your cooperation.
Please note: Information collected via Calendly is for the purpose of booking appointments with staff members in the Faculty of Land & Food Systems. Calendly will collect your name, email and other identifying information. By using Calendly, you are consenting to the storage of this information outside of Canada. If you choose not to provide your consent, or have questions about the collection of this information, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request an appointment, and I’ll do my best to accommodate your request.
Submit an Online Advising Request
Conveniently submit specific advising requests to our office using one of our online forms:
- Academic Concession
- Year-level promotion request
- Add or change your major request
- Letter of Permission request
- Ask for a Graduation Check
Contact us at email@example.com and an Academic Advisor will respond.
Please note, volumes are high at this time, as we support all students in LFS. We are responding to emails as quickly as we can, and appreciate your patience.
If your question is more time-sensitive, you may wish to visit drop-in advising, when you’re able.
Undergrad Events Calendar
Keep up-to-date on all things LFS. Check it out!