Meeting with an Academic Advisor (Bre, Ella, Bonita, Jordan and Shannon) is a good idea for when you have general questions about:
- planning your program or degree requirements
- how to make the most of your LFS academic and non-academic experience
- a personal challenge that is impacting your academics
We provide confidential advising and will do our best to answer your questions, or help connect you with appropriate resources.
Have a question about the Global Resource Systems (GRS) or Go Global programs? Connect with our Global Resource Systems and Go Global Program Advisor, Roxana Quinde.
Our office is currently offering academic advising via Zoom Booked Appointments, and Zoom Drop-In Advising (see below for details); however, in-person appointments are still available by request. Please check the information and schedule below to learn how to connect with our office.
Drop-in Zoom Advising
Unable to find an available Booked Academic Advising Appointment that fits with your schedule? Attend drop-in to connect one-on-one with an Academic Advisor!
Drop-In Advising sessions are held either In-Person (MCML 344) or via Zoom – please make sure to check the LFS Undergrad Events Calendar to see if the session will be offered in-person or via Zoom. To help us meet with as many students as possible, we are limiting drop-in appointments to 15 minutes, so please bring your most urgent 1-2 questions.
Instructions for Zoom Drop-In Advising:
- Find a Drop-In Zoom Advising time that fits with your schedule from the LFS Undergrad Events Calendar.
- Click into the “Drop-In Zoom Advising” block that you wish to join. You’ll be prompted to provide us with your current student status and student number to join the virtual waiting room.
- Depending on the number of students in the waiting room, it may be some time before an advisor connects with you. Once we have reached capacity for the day, the waiting room will be locked and no new students will be admitted.
- If the room is locked when you join, it means that we have reached capacity for the day. Please try joining a different drop-in advising session, or sending us an email at email@example.com.
For In-Person Drop-In Advising Sessions, please come to the H.R. MacMillan Building, room 344, during the scheduled time, and check-in at the front desk (or ring the bell, if no one is available).
We look forward to connecting with you!
Do you have questions about your course registration, major selection, or degree progress? Book an advising appointment with one of our Academic Advisors (Bre, Ella, Bonita, Jordan or Shannon) by scheduling an appointment with us.
- Click the link below to view our current appointment availability and to book an advising appointment.
- If you do not see any current availability, check back later, as additional appointments will become available every 72 hours.
- To help us meet with as many students as possible, we are limiting appointments to 15 minutes in length, so please come prepared with 2-3 questions. If your concerns require additional time, the advisor will schedule a follow-up advising appointment.
For the safety of students and staff, visitors to the LFS Student Services space are strongly recommended to wear a mask. Thank you in advance for your cooperation.
Please note: Information collected via Calendly is for the purpose of booking appointments with staff members in the Faculty of Land & Food Systems. Calendly will collect your name, email and other identifying information. By using Calendly, you are consenting to the storage of this information outside of Canada. If you choose not to provide your consent, or have questions about the collection of this information, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request an appointment, and we’ll do our best to accommodate your request.
Submit an Online Advising Request
Conveniently submit specific advising requests to our office using one of our online forms:
- Academic Concession
- Year-level promotion request
- Add or change your major request
- Letter of Permission request
- Ask for a Graduation Check
Contact us at email@example.com and an Academic Advisor will respond.
Please note, volumes are high at this time, as we support all students in LFS. We are responding to emails as quickly as we can, and appreciate your patience.
If your question is more time-sensitive, you may wish to visit drop-in advising, when you’re able.
Undergrad Events Calendar
Keep up-to-date on all things LFS. Check it out!