Meeting with an Academic Advisor (Ella, Bonita) is a good idea for when you have general questions about:
- planning your program or degree requirements
- how to make the most of your LFS academic and non-academic experience
- a personal challenge that is impacting your academics
We provide confidential advising and will do our best to answer your questions, or help connect you with appropriate resources.
Drop-in Zoom Advising
Thanks for your patience, LFS – we are still experiencing high volumes of students attending drop-in advising, and are doing our best to see as many of you as possible during our drop-in hours. If the room is locked when you join, please check back, as we’ll re-open the room if we can clear the queue.
Attend drop-in to connect one-on-one with an Academic Advisor! Our drop-in hours are posted on the LFS Undergrad Event Calendar.
Our typical drop-in week includes the following hours (please note any edits to the schedule below, as well as a full schedule in the Undergrad Events Calendar):
- Monday from 1-3pm
- Tuesday from 9-11am
- Wednesday from 1-3pm
- Thursday – no drop-in offered (SPECIAL ADDITION: Thursday, August 5 from 1-3pm)
- Friday from 9-11am (CHANGE: No drop-in on Friday, August 6 – see above for added Thursday slot that week instead)
Keep in mind that all hours are posted in Vancouver time (PDT)!
- Click the link below during our open hours, and you’ll be brought directly to our Zoom virtual waiting room
- Password: 12345
- Depending on the number of students in the waiting room, it may be some time before an Advisor connects with you. Once we have reached capacity for the day, the meeting room will be locked and no new students will be admitted to the waiting room.
We look forward to connecting!
Booked Zoom Appointments
Sometimes our drop-in hours don’t line up quite right with your schedule! Not to worry – we’d still love to meet with you. Please feel free to book with one of our Academic Advisors, by scheduling an appointment using our calendars, found below:
Please note: Information collected via Calendly is for the purpose of booking appointments with staff members in the Faculty of Land & Food Systems. Calendly will collect your name, email and other identifying information. By using Calendly, you are consenting to the storage of this information outside of Canada. If you choose not to provide your consent, or have questions about the collection of this information, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request an appointment, and I’ll do my best to accommodate your request.
Submit an Online Advising Request
Conveniently submit specific advising requests to our office using one of our online forms:
- Academic Concession
- Year-level promotion request
- Add or change your major request
- Letter of Permission request
- Ask for a Graduation Check
Contact us at email@example.com and an Academic Advisor will respond.
Please note, volumes are high at this time, as we support all students in LFS. We are responding to emails as quickly as we can, and appreciate your patience.
If your question is more time-sensitive, you may wish to visit drop-in advising, when you’re able.
Undergrad Events Calendar
Keep up-to-date on all things LFS. Check it out!