UBC: Wine Tasting Ability Course
UBC Okanagan partners with University of Bordeaux – ISVV (Institute of Vine and Wine Sciences) to create a new course: Wine Tasting Ability (WTA) BC Canada Level One
This course develops foundational knowledge and skills in wine and wine tasting. It is the first level of a newly proposed 3-level WTA BC Canada program being developed through a unique UBC and University of Bordeaux collaboration.
The course allows those who are not acquainted with the world of wine to experience it in all its dimensions, as a multi-sensory environment that reflects the interaction between people and place. The credential is a taster of that complexity.
You will receive top-rate instruction from two industry experts: Dr. Axel Marchal, Professor, University of Bordeaux, ISVV and Dr. Jacques-Olivier Pesme, Director, Wine Research Centre, and founding member of ISVV.
Specific course topics include:
- Wine tasting principles and the different steps to taste a wine
- Introduction to the main vine varietals and their characteristics
- The vocabulary of wine tasting
- Introduction to wine making principles and the different types of wines
- Major wine regions of France and wine regions of BC
The wine poured for the sessions comes from France and BC.
What: Three-level Certification; Wine Tasting Ability Level 1 When: 18th or 20th July, 2023; Both days will have the same curriculum, please choose whichever accommodates your schedule Cost: $499 tax included – Early bird discount valid until June 30th. Industry group discount: purchase 4 and the 5th ticket is complimentary. Format: 1 day, 8 hours (including educational lunch and a thirty-minute multiple-choice test) Schedule:
- Guest arrival time: 8:30am
- Start time 9am
- Lunch included in the price of the course
- Lunch offered 12:00
- End of educational session: 4pm
- Multiple choice test: 4-4:30pm
Certification is provided by both institutions – University of Bordeaux-ISVV and UBC-Wine Research Centre. ISVV is a world leader in wine research and education
For more information, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org