What types of career conversations can you have with Rob, LFS Career Strategist?
- Exploring the types of careers and industries available to you
- Developing job search strategies (resume, cover letter, interview, LinkedIn)
- Learning tools to gain clarity about your future career pathways
- Careers Online – reserved booking three weeks in advance (45 minutes with a CSIC career educator)
- Drop-in Advising – bookable day of at 9 am (30 minutes with CSIC team)
- Email – contact Rob Kim at firstname.lastname@example.org with your specific career-related inquiry. Please note, response times may be a few days, so for time-sensitive requests, drop-in career advising is recommended.
- Click here for some career resources curated by Rob
- Excel Template to Organize Your Career Information
- Word Resume Template Using Tables (Examples Provided)
- Values Skills & Interests Table (VSI Table) Worksheet
- Check out the Centre for Student Involvement and Careers for all their career workshop offerings.
- Recordings of Career Webinars
- LinkedIn Learning Networking Resources
Career Advising with Rob
One-on-one career advising is offered by the career education team at the Centre for Student Involvement and Careers (CSIC). LFS currently has a career strategist, Rob Kim, who works with that team and specifically supports the Faculty. There are 3 ways to book one-on-one advising:
Please note: Information collected via Calendly is for the purpose of booking appointments with staff members in the Faculty of Land & Food Systems. Calendly will collect your name, email and other identifying information. By using Calendly, you are consenting to the storage of this information outside of Canada. If you choose not to provide your consent, or have questions about the collection of this information, please email Rob at email@example.com to request an appointment, and I’ll do my best to accommodate your request.
LFS Core Series
Unique to LFS is the delivery of career education in LFS Core Series classes (LFS 100, LFS 250, LFS 350). Rob, LFS Career Strategist, will come into the courses to connect student learning to career outcomes.