MENTAL HEALTH AND WELLBEING
- Visit Student Health Services to see a doctor, nurse, or other medical professional on campus
- Check out Health and Wellbeing at UBC to explore a range of resources
- Get resources for coping with the mental health challenges of Covid-19
- UBC Student Assistance program offers a free 24/7 counselling and life coaching service, accessible anywhere in the world. The service is offered in multiple languages by phone, video-counselling, and more.
- At the UBC Wellness Centre you can get tips and resources on stress, studying and navigating university life
Find information here about how to help if you’re concerned about a friend who is feeling hopeless or thinking of harming themselves.
If you need crisis support or you’re currently in distress, the following resources are available 24 hours/day, 7 days/week:
- Emergency Services: 911
- UBC Campus Security: 604.822.2222
- Hope for Wellness Line offers immediate mental health counselling and crisis intervention to all Indigenous peoples across Canada. 1-855-242-3310
- Vancouver Crisis Line: 1.800.784.2433
- Access & Assessment Centre (walk-in’s 7:30am – 9:30pm): 604.675.3700
- Victim Link: 1.800.563.0808
- Urgent Care, UBC Hospital: 2211 Wesbrook Mall (8am – 10pm). Urgent care or go to the nearest hospital emergency department.