How industry can work with UBC LFS
- Research and Development (R&D) Partnerships
- UBC LFS has a great deal of experience working on R&D projects with organizations. Working together on innovation projects have resulted in specific products or technologies that are now available to consumers.
- R&D Partnerships could be short-term or run for several years. These often require funding through a third-party, such as MITACS.
- Fee for Service
- We can also provide resources – such as consulting services based on research expertise or access to specialized lab equipment – to support your own independent project.
- To access Fee for Service, you would contact a faculty researcher who has the needed expertise. The Associate Dean, Research, for the Faculty and the UBC University Industry Liaison Office would also get involved to discuss the scope of the project, outcomes and funding commitments.