How industry can work with UBC LFS
- Research and Development (R&D) Partnerships
- UBC LFS has a great deal of experience working on R&D projects with organizations. Working together on innovation projects have resulted in specific products or technologies that are now available to consumers.
- R&D Partnerships could be short-term or run for several years. These often require funding through a third-party, such as MITACS.
- Fee for Service
- We can also provide resources – such as consulting services based on research expertise or access to specialized lab equipment – to support your own independent project.
- To access consulting services, contact a faculty researcher who has the needed expertise. The Associate Dean, Research, and the UBC University Industry Liaison Office would also get involved to discuss the scope of the project, outcomes and funding commitments. To see a list of faculty members and their expertise, visit the faculty directory.
- To access specialized lab equipment, view descriptions of the labs available in the Food, Nutrition and Health Building at UBC Vancouver campus. Labs in these categories are available for rent: Food, Nutrition and Health (for clinical nutrition, culinary and sensory research), and Food Safety and Quality (pilot plant facility).